Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can also add other vegetables, such as onions, mushrooms, and summer squashes.
- 1 cup asparagus spear, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1⁄4 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons frozen corn
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sake (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- In a small pan, boil water. Add salt and asparagus and cook for 1-3 minutes depending on how thick the asparagus stems are.
- Immediately immerse the asparagus in the ice water to stop further cooking and drain.
- In a saute pan, heat sesame oil and sauté sugar snap peas and red pepper until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Add asparagus, corn (if using), tamari, sake, salt and pepper. Sauté until all the vegetables are heated through.
- Transfer to dishes, sprinkle sesame seeds, infuse love and serve!