Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is based on another parmesan peppercorn ranch recipe I found. I realized I was eating it so much that I should really try to make it healthier. So I fiddled with the ingredients until I came up with this version. It isn't quite as amazing as the original, but it is good enough for daily use (and I'm pretty picky). It really works well for all kinds of things besides salad. Left thick it makes a great dip for fried zucchini and I like to add some extra lemon juice to it and then toss chopped chicken in it to make a ranch flavored chicken salad to stuff in pita pockets. Try it for yourself! :)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese (or Parmesan)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or buttermilk or cream)
- salt (to taste)
- Combine first six ingredients, mixing well.
- Gradually add milk until desired thickness is reached.
- Salt to taste.
- For best results, let sit overnight for flavors to develop (I can't ever wait that long though!).
- Enjoy! :).
Did you just say something about asiago cheese? Fame and loads of money on their way to you...along with the inevitable marriage proposals.