Recipe by KittyKitty
Delicious, classic pecan squares, a favorite.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
Very easy, very good results! I had difficultly finding Almond brickle chips so I used Heath toffee brickle piece instead. Had I thought of it sooner, I would have also included slivered Almonds with the pecans. These pecan squares are very rich (sweet) a little goes a long way. this would make an excellent food gift for Christmas presents. BDavis Hudson, FL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or 1 cup margarine, cut up
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package almond brickle chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Combine condensed milk and remaining 4 ingredients; pour over crust. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool; cut into squares.