Recipe by Sharon123
An easy, simple way to fix rice from the Caribbean island of Aruba! Great served with a lettuce and tomato salad.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
When I chose this recipe I thought it sounded really good, but while I was cooking it I had second thoughts. The second thoughts were wrong - this is great and has lots of flavor. I did reduce the amount of rice to half as there are only three of us. I also used boneless skinless chicken thighs as I had a couple in the freezer that needed to be used. Will be making this again. Thanks for posting this Sharon! Made for 1~2~3 Hits.
- 2 cups rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (1 3/4 cup)
- 1 chicken leg
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the rice to a boil, using water and chicken broth, turn down heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until done and liquid absorbed.
- Put the chicken leg in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to boil with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Once chicken and rice are ready, shred the chicken from the bone.
- Fry the onion, green pepper, celery and tomato in the olive oil until it's golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and the cooked rice to the vegetables and mix thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!