Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is something I came up with one night. I love stuffed chicken breast, but I wanted something different. Serve this with vegetables of choice, warm bread and a nice tossed salad. You can leave the italian seasoning and red onion off the top, if you wish, but I thought it nice... just experimenting.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced fine (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- italian seasoning (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line sheet pan with aluminum foil and treat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice chicken breast in half carefully and open up to a larger piece (butterfly).
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Mix next 7 ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup mozz cheese for the topping.
- Place 1 Tbsp of filling on each opened breast and fold over gently.
- Bake for 30 min or until chicken is done. (this could vary due to the thickness of the chicken breast and your oven).
- Take out and top each breast with 1 Tbsp of mozz cheese, a bit of reserved minced red onion and italian seasoning.
- Put back in the oven for 5 min, or until cheese just starts to melt.
5 * recipe, what a wonderful way to fix chicken. The spices pared with the cheeses, artichokes and chicken makes for an easy, but beautifully presented dish.