1/5 Photos of Artichoke, Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Update: My recipe was just published in the Taste of Home Holidays & Celebrations 2011 Cookbook. Tangy & creamy, this artichoke dip boasts the colorful addition of sun-dried tomatoes. Serve with plain or multi-grain baked tortilla chips. Developed for Ready Set Cook #11 - January 2008 Update 2/27/2013: Thanks to Racrgal for a really productive conversation regarding making this recipe in advance. That led me to run a series of tests. *I made four versions and found that it can be made a day in advance and refrigerated before baking, or made months in advance; frozen and then thawed before baking. Both oil-packed and dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes were tested to make sure the oil did not cause bleeding during thawing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (can use dry or oil-packed tomatoes)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, shallots & garlic.
- 4Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, tomatoes & cheese. *At this point you can wrap the baking dish in saran wrap and refrigerate overnight, or wrap in 2 layers of aluminum foil and freeze for 2 months (maybe even more). When ready to serve, remove from fridge or freezer and thaw (if needed) on counter before baking as directed.
- 5Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese that sticks out the top of the mixture begins to brown slightly.
- 6Serve with fresh vegetables or baked tortilla chips for dipping.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke, Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.6
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: