Recipe by Marla Swoffer
Like making a main dish out of artichoke spinach dip, but not quite as rich, and with the scrumptious addition of bacon. When I created this, I served it with penne noodles. I used fresh spinach leaves (whole) but I'm sure you could get away with using frozen.
- 226.79 g bacon, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 283.49 g spinach
- 473.18 ml water-packed artichoke hearts, quartered
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml romano cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Drain off all but one tablespoon of the grease (leave bacon in the pan).
- Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add olive oil, spinach, and artichoke hearts, sauteeing for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- When blended, stir in romano, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Cook until all the cheeses are melted, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Combine with cooked noodles and serve.