Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This potato salad is a nice change of pace from the ones containing mayonnaise. This goes really well with BBQ'd foods and the nice thing is you don't have to worry about it so much in hot weather because of the lack of mayo. I leave the skins on the potatoes because I like the contrast and flavor...you can peel or not, whatever you want. This is one I adapted from Taste of Home.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, drained again and quartered
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed brick cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, artichokes, onion and cheeses.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, dill, salt and pepper; shake well. pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.