Recipe by Chocolatl
From Dom DeLuise. You could also make this with asparagus, broccoli, or other vegetables.
Top Review by awalde
This was a delicious frittata, I love artichokes and the cheese(s) addition in it. I appreciate the cooking in the oven as in this way I did not have to turn it and may be break it. The delicious aroma from the herbs addition made this "simply" dish realy special.<br/>Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 8 -10 frozen artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut in crescents
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Following directions on package, cook artichoke hearts until tender.
- Cut in half and set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- In medium-sized iron skillet, saute the garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano, pepper, mozzarella and half the Parmesan.
- Add cooked garlic and onion mixture and mix well.
- In same skillet, heat remaining olive oil and arrange the artichoke hearts evenly, cut side down.
- Add egg mixture.
- Reduce heat.
- Shake pan, cover and cook slowly for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining grated cheese.
- Place pan under broiler until puffed and golden brown.
- Shake pan to loosen frittata, and slip it onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.