Your friends will love you for making these artichoke appetizers! They are worth the effort. Great do ahead recipe, they freeze well I like to use 1 6oz jar in oil and 2 6oz jars in water or you may substitute 1 10 oz can for 2 6 oz jars. it works even if you are 2 oz short. Be sure to drain extremly well or the filling will be mushy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese (creamed type)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) jars artichokes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (do not use the ready prepared half sawdust type)
- 1/2 cup soda cracker crumbs
- 15 sheets phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet and saute the onions until soft do not brown.
- 2add garlic, stir.
- 3Beat cream cheese and the cottage cheese until well mixed.
- 4Beat in eggs one at a time.
- 5Add garlic salt, parsley, tarragon & pepper.
- 6Beat to mix well.
- 7Add onions and any left over butter drippings.
- 8Add artichokes, parmesan & cracker crumbs, stir.
- 9Lay out the filo sheets & brush with melted butter, stack 5 sheets (you'll end up with 3 rolls).
- 10Put 1/3 mix on one end of each stack & roll up tucking edges of sheets around the filling.
- 11Using a very sharp knife cut each roll into 10 pieces. If you are going to freeze the rolls leave the cut pieces together still forming the roll, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil & Freeze. Defrost before baking
- 12When you are ready to bake them preheat oven to 350F Separate the rolls into the pieces , lay cut side up on a lightly gresed cookie sheet Bake for 20-30 minutes or until nicely browned Serve warm
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke & Cheese Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (1761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g