Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This New Orleans dish is quick and easy and is a little different! My friend, Andree, gave me this recipe one Thanksgiving & has been a family favorite ever since.
- 2 cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, chopped into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add green beans and artichokes and mix well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then add breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Mix well and put into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Top with more breadcrumbs and cheese.
We made this for the big Easter dinner at Mom's house and boy was it a hit!! Everyone liked it, even the brother who "doesn't like artichokes"!!!!! After I made it, I baked it for about 25 minutes at 350. Definately a keeper!
it took no time to make,added to much artichoke made it dry,used fresh green beans,look good on the table,as always some love it,some like it.
I made half a recipe and the two of us ate the whole thing. Delicious! I used fresh, steamed green beans and cut the amount of recommended oil in half. It might not have held together as well as it would have with more oil, but it tasted wonderful.