Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are from south Louisiana, you are familiar with an Italian favorite called Stuffed Artichokes which is very time-consuming to make. This recipe has all the ingredients (including a surprise-green beans) of Stuffed Artichokes without all the time and work involved. We love it and I cook it on special occasions and holidays.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained (discard liquid)
- 2 toes garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (discard liquid)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Cut artichoke hearts into pieces - about 1 inch chunks - and set aside.
- Saute onions, green beans, garlic and artichoke in olive oil for about 3-4 minutes, until onions are almost clear. Don't scorch the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order given - bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix together well and place in a buttered baking dish. Top lightly with extra bread crumbs and bake.
- 425 degrees for 30 minutes.