Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Culinary Institute of America. A very easy and elegant side dish.
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a greased gratin dish, overlap artichoke and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Swiss cheese; sprinkle over vegetables and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until top is golden, about 25 minutes.