1/3 Photos of Artichoke and Lamb Shanks Crock Pot Dinner
7 hrs 45 mins
Grace Guderjahn's Note:
This is a great dish to serve with rice, orzo pasta or polenta. It makes a good impression on guest and is easy to fix. To be really fancy sprinkle each serving with toasted pine nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77-1814.36 g lamb shanks, bone cracked (usually 4)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced celery
- 226.79 g box frozen artichokes or 340.19 g can artichokes, drained
- 236.59 ml drained sliced black olives
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 22.18 ml red wine vinegar
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 1In a 4 1/2 quart, or larger, electric crock pot, combine onion, bell pepper, celery, artichoke hearts,and olives.
- 2Rinse shanks and pat dry.
- 3Sprinkle all over with pepper.
- 4Place shanks in pot on top of vegetables.
- 5Add tomatoes with juice, add vinegar.
- 6Cover pot and cook until lamb is very tender.
- 7About 6-7 hours on low, less time on high.
- 8Remove shanks to a bowl and keep warm.
- 9Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid Turn crock pot to high.
- 10Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and pour into crock pot.
- 11Stir often until sauce bubbles (about 10 minutes).
- 12Spoon sauce and vegetables over lamb.
- 13Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Lamb Shanks Crock Pot Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.1
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 306.0 mg
- Sodium 524.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 93.3 g