Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
Arrayan, also called satre guavas are small, tart guavas with a seed in the middle. I have had a hard time finding recipes with them so I created this, and it turned out great.
- Add water, sugar and arrayan to a pot on medium heat. Stir so that sugar dissolves.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and let simmer until fruit cracks open and the water turns yellow, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a stainless steel bowl and use a stand or hand mixer on medium to separate the fruit from seed. (A food processor will not work because of all the seeds.).
- Place a sieve in a large bowl and pour mixture through, using a spatula to get all the juice out.
- Discard seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Pour into a pitcher with ice and serve with lime or mint as desired.