Public Foodie #1's Note:
Arrayan, also called satre guavas are small, tart guavas with a seed in the middle. I have had a hard time finding recipes with them so I created this, and it turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water, sugar and arrayan to a pot on medium heat. Stir so that sugar dissolves.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and let simmer until fruit cracks open and the water turns yellow, about 25 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a stainless steel bowl and use a stand or hand mixer on medium to separate the fruit from seed. (A food processor will not work because of all the seeds.).
- 4Place a sieve in a large bowl and pour mixture through, using a spatula to get all the juice out.
- 5Discard seeds.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Pour into a pitcher with ice and serve with lime or mint as desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arrayan Agua Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: