Recipe by gailanng
A classic beverage with an unbeatable combination of iced tea and lemonade. To make alcoholic, just add Bourbon to taste.
Top Review by Mom2Rose
Aussie Swap #66: I have been craving Arnold Palmers lately - I have been cheating myself by grabbing them in the can to drink! I am so glad I found this recipe!! Out of this world refreshing!! I love that it can be made with or without alcohol as well!
For the Iced Tea
- 4 tablespoons loose tea
- 1 quart water
- 1 quart cool water
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 lemons, zest of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 lemons, juice of
- mint sprig, optional garnish
- Bourbon (optional to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat one quart of water to boiling in large saucepan. Add loose tea to boiling water and remove from heat; allow to steep with lid on for 4 minutes. Immediately strain tea into a pitcher filled with the cool water.
- While tea is brewing, for the lemonade base combine water, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool, and then add the lemon juice. Strain the syrup and store in the refrigerator in a covered jar.
- To Serve: Fill a 16 ounce glass 3/4 full with ice. Put in 2 -3 tablespoons (or to taste) lemonade base and then slowly fill the glass with tea. Garnish with mint sprig and serve.
- For alcoholic beverage, add Bourbon.
- Should you have leftover lemonade base, it may be used to make lemonade by using 1 part lemonade base and 4 parts water.