Prep 48 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Great, and different. These make a great food gift too. Prep time includes 2 days marinating time.
- 2 cups large unpitted green olives or 2 cups black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive brine
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried cayenne peppers or 2 chiles de arbol
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, preferably gebhardt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- Place the olives in a bowl.
- In a lidded jar, put remaining ingredients and shake.
- Pour the marinade over the olives.
- Let the mixture marinate for at least 2 days (longer, if you can), stirring occasionally.
- These olives get better with age, and please, let set at room temperature at least one hour before serving.
DH loves olives but said these weren't any better than plain olives, even though he loves spicy foods. Next time I would omit the olive oil as it congeals and sticks to olives when refrigerated. Others may love this recipe, but DH could only give it a 3-star. Sorry to disappointment you, Miss Annie.