Recipe by Miss Annie
Great, and different. These make a great food gift too. Prep time includes 2 days marinating time.
Top Review by BeachGirl
DH loves olives but said these weren't any better than plain olives, even though he loves spicy foods. Next time I would omit the olive oil as it congeals and sticks to olives when refrigerated. Others may love this recipe, but DH could only give it a 3-star. Sorry to disappointment you, Miss Annie.
- 2 cups large unpitted green olives or 2 cups black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive brine
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried cayenne peppers or 2 chiles de arbol
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, preferably gebhardt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olives in a bowl.
- In a lidded jar, put remaining ingredients and shake.
- Pour the marinade over the olives.
- Let the mixture marinate for at least 2 days (longer, if you can), stirring occasionally.
- These olives get better with age, and please, let set at room temperature at least one hour before serving.