Recipe by Michelle S.
This has been in the family for years. Another yummy addition to the Christmas Cookie platter!
Top Review by Sharon123
This was delicious! I ground the walnuts up fine in the blender and used margarine in place of the butter. I did make one mistake.....I grabbed the jar of jam, spread it on the batter, and then discovered it was orange marmalade, not apricot jam!!! It was still delicious! I will make it again and use apricot jam! Michelle, you forgot to put the temperature, I baked it at 350*. Also, a 13x9-inch pan was way too big, I used a 9x9 and it came out just right. You can send in a correction and put the temp. in. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add walnuts blend well.
- (dough will be soft).
- Divide dough in half.
- Spread one half of dough evenly into a 9x9 pan.
- Cover with jam.
- Drop remaining dough by spoonfulls over jam, spreading carefully to edges with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes till top is golden.
- Let cool slighly before cutting into squares.