Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has been in the family for years. Another yummy addition to the Christmas Cookie platter!
Make and share this Apricot Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Stir in flour.
- Add walnuts blend well.
- (dough will be soft).
- Divide dough in half.
- Spread one half of dough evenly into a 9x9 pan.
- Cover with jam.
- Drop remaining dough by spoonfulls over jam, spreading carefully to edges with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes till top is golden.
- Let cool slighly before cutting into squares.
This was delicious! I ground the walnuts up fine in the blender and used margarine in place of the butter. I did make one mistake.....I grabbed the jar of jam, spread it on the batter, and then discovered it was orange marmalade, not apricot jam!!! It was still delicious! I will make it again and use apricot jam! Michelle, you forgot to put the temperature, I baked it at 350*. Also, a 13x9-inch pan was way too big, I used a 9x9 and it came out just right. You can send in a correction and put the temp. in. Thanks for a good recipe!