Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
something to try as dh loves apricot chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pork cutlets, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2⁄3 cup fresh multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 4 corn, cobettes (85g each, steamed)
- Preheat oven to 190°C Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place, in a single layer, in an ovenproof dish.
- Spread the top of the pork with jam. Combine breadcrumbs and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle over jam. Pour stock into base of dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through and breadcrumbs are light golden. Drizzle over dish juices. Serve with corn.
We loved this recipe.. I made this with a tenderloin as this is what I had on hand. I just put the crust over the top of the whole loin, poured the chicken stock in a roasting pan and cooked it for about 35 Min's. The meat was super moist and tender and the topping was nice and crunchy. I loved the use of the apricot jam here, it went really well with the pork and the crunchy topping was delicious. A great recipe Sonya and I will forward to trying this with cutlets next time. :)