Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
To make the coffeecake even faster to prepare in the morning, prepare the streusel and measure out the dry ingredients for the cake the night before.
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- 2. Topping: Mix together sugars and flour. Using fingers, mix in melted butter so it resembles wet sand.
- 3. Mix all dry cake ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together yogurt, sugars, eggs and butter. Fold into flour mixture and add chopped apricots and orange zest. Mix until combined then pour into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over top.
- 4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Toothpick inserted in centre should come out with just a few crumbs attached.