Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is a recipe I found in a dairy free cookbook. I converted this when my daughter was little and had several allergies that we had to adjust for. This recipe is not gluten free or dairy free as posted but can be made dairy free by using milk-free margarine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this the other day to send to work with my other half! They were devoured in no time at all, & today I sent copies of the recipe as well! I did make one small change/addition ~ I diced 5 dried apricots & included them in the apricot jam (wanting to intensify the apricot flavor)! This is certainly a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 1⁄8 cups oat flour
- 5⁄8 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 12 ounces apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put butter in a 9x13-inch baking pan and set in the oven while it preheats; this will melt the butter and grease the pan.
- Sift the oat flour, potato starch, soda, cinnamon, and salt into a bowl; stir in the brown sugar, rolled oats, and chopped almonds.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into the greased pan.
- Spread the jam over the crumbs, keeping it away from the sides of the pan as much as possible.
- Cover with the remaining crumbs and press down firmly.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan before cutting.