Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy recipe that is great for a dinner party. I found it in a magazine (Women's Day? Family Circle?) while sitting in the waiting area of the hospital emergency room. My family now refers to it as "Emergency Room Roast." I served it with sweet potato casserole and creamed spinach. (BTW, my dad was in the ER but he's just fine now, thank you!)
- 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (grainy)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Cover roasting pan with foil (for easier cleanup).
- Place pork roast on rack in pan.
- Pour about 2/3 of apricot-mustard mixture over roast.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Pour remaining apricot-mustard mixture over pork roast.
- Bake another 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil, and allow roast to rest 15 minutes before carving.
This was lovely!! The pork was really moist and the flavour of the apricot and mustard was just heavenly! We had it with steamed carrots and roast potatoes. Will definitely make again, thank you for posting!