Recipe by Shari Jones
This salad has been in the family for 20 years.
Top Review by Cherokee T.
I first had this recipe at a boyfriend's grandparents' farm in Va. It was DELICIOUS! I loked it so much that she wrote the recipe down for me, and I have kept it for the last 18 yrs! Unfortunately, I have packed it away in my many moves, so I was thrilled to find it on here! Thank you so much for submitting it for us to enjoy! Sincerely, CLC
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned apricots, cut-up
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (6 ounce) package apricot gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain appricots and pineapple, reserve liquid.
- Dissolve jello in 2 cups hot water.
- Add marshmellows and stir until melted.
- Add 1 cup of reserved liquid.
- Combine remaining ingredients and put in a 9X13inch pan.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Put 1 cup reserved liquid in a sauce pan, heat.
- Mix the sugar and flour, add to liquid.
- Add 1 beaten egg.
- Cook to boiling until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the butter (margarine).
- Cool then add 2 cups cool whip (dream whip).
- Cover the bottom with the topping & refrigerate. Sprinkle with cheese (Optional).