- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (1/2 g) package vanilla sugar
- apricot jam, for filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients (except for the egg) together. One mixed, add the egg, blending completely.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch on a lightly floured surface, then cut out cookies with a round cutter. Make a hole in the middle of half of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until a light golden colour. Do not overcook.
- Once cookies are cool, spread the jam on the cookie without the hole. Top gently with the cookie with the hole to form a sandwich.