Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Apricot-Ginger Pork Tenderloin
Make and share this Apricot-Ginger Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 (3/4-1 lb) well-trimmed pork tenderloin, about 3/4 to 1 pound each
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, salt, thyme, black pepper, red pepper and garlic.
- Rub mixture on all sides of pork tenderloins, rubbing it into meat surface.
- Place tenderloins in center of cooking grate. Grill 25 to 30 minutes for medium (160°F/71°C) and centers are still slightly pink, turning occasionally throughout grilling time to brown them evenly.
- Meanwhile, make sauce:.
- In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes until jelly is melted and sauce is hot. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Remove tenderloins from grill and let rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve with sauce.
This recipe is the one you whip out when guests come for dinner. Super easy and super impressive means happy dinner guests and more time for entertaining.
This recipe is WONDERFUL. I was most surprised by how good it was. I cooked the pork in the oven. I just didn't feel like hanging out at the grill. It was just great. This is a wonderful recipe for company or a large family gathering.
Another winner from our own Miss ~Rita. What a great tenderloin. It was moist, tender and delicious. It tasted as wonderful as it smelled while grilling. The combo of spices & seasonings was perfect. My very picky dh was in heaven. No sauce for him, means plenty for me. This sauce is not to be missed. The apricots, thyme, sherry wine vinegar and crystallized ginger created a very memorable treat. This dish was quick and easy to make with excellant results. We will be enjoying this again often during the grilling season. Thanks for sharing Rita. Made for Herbs of the Month - Rosemary :)