Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy to make and delicious.
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Rinse apricots; cover with water; boil 10 minutes. Drain, cool, chop.
- Mix butter, sugar and 1 cup flour until crumbly. Pack into greased and floured 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sift 1/3 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, gradually beat brown sugar into eggs; mix in flour mixture, then vanilla.
- Stir in walnuts and apricots.
- Spread over baked layer.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until done; cool in pan.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar.