Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe from Campbells, a great quick and easy warming dinner for a cold night and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. . Very nice served with rice, and next time I am going to try it in the crock pot.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g diced chicken breast fillets
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 100 g dried apricots
- 500 g diced assorted fresh vegetables (such as carrot, sweet potato, peas, beans, brocolli & pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook chicken until browned.
- Add chicken stock, apricots and vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce and cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water, in a small jug, and then stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and cook until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
Giving 5 stars as this was such a quick and easy dinner to cook. I used sweet potato/kumera,green beans,frozen peas and carrot with two large skinless chicken breast fillets. I think it would be a great recipe for the crockpot. Next time,I would like to use some onions cooked off with the chicken,more sweet chilli sauce and stir through some fresh chopped parsley or even coriander at the end of cooking time. Photos also being posted