Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
This supposed to be a healthy alternative to traditional candy. This recipe uses dried apricots which are high in fiber. Almonds have many health benefits and the dark chocolate has antioxidants. So this is not candy at all - it's healthfood! Recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger.
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Process almonds in a food processor, pulsing until coarsely chopped; add apricots, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and salt processing until everything is finely chopped and sticks together, about 45 seconds.
- Using your hands roll mixture into round balls (about a heaping teaspoon each) and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Melt half the chocolate in a double boiler; stir in remaining chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Roll balls in chocolate to coat and place back on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes; store at room temperature.