Got this from another website...it's on my list to try.
Make and share this Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the oats in milk for about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg white, mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Add nuts or raisins if desired.
- Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Top each muffin with some of the mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan, cool and enjoy.