Recipe by dicentra
Spices of the World Cookbook by McCormick. Copyright 1964. Is just as good without the raisins and pecans too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup golden raisin, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with the applesauce.
- Toss the raisins with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- Stir raisins and pecans into batter.
- Pour into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.