Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has always made this. We always loved it. She would usually make it in a bundt cake pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Beat together eggs, sugar and oil. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Spray bundt pan very well with nonstick spray and flour.
- Bake at 300°F for one hour, one hour fifteen minutes for a bundt pan.
This was a very good cake. My guests and family loved it. It was easy to make and very moist. The only problem is that it stuck to the bundt pan. Even though not in the directions, make sure to grease the pan. The oil in this cake is not enough to make it not stick even with a non stick pan. It crumbles easily but I think that is due to the wonderful moistness. A guest commented on the soft inside with the slightly firmer bottom and how great that was. Just delicious. Thanks Midnight Sun Chef! Made for Adopt a Chef Fall 2009. ChefDLH