Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Apples, pears, and apricots tossed in a light, flavorful Almond cream is the perfect end to any dinner. Light and refreshing, this is sure to quickly become a family favorite.
- 2 pears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tart apples, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained reserve juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved apricot juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place all fruit into bowl and set aside.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold remaining Dressing ingredients in by hand, then fold into fruit.
Really interesting fruit salad. I used fresh apricots (seldom get a chance to have these),granny snith apples and anjou pears. Terrific combination of flavors and textures. The dressing was sooooooo rich-just yummy!!! I sprinkled some toasted slivered almonds over each serving.