Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Light and Tasty magazine
- 4 lean boneless pork loin chops
- 3 cups sweet onions, slices
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In large non stick skillet coated with non stick cooking spray, cook chops on each side or until brown.
- Remove meat, set aside, and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook and stir onion in oil for seven minutes or til golden brown.
- Add apple slices, cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Combine water, brown sugar, vineagar, garlic powder and salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return to meat pan.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes until reads 160°F.