This is such an easy and delicious apple square, you could even mix this by hand, it always turns out great, best of all, it is very inexpensive to make.
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a 8-in square baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar; add the egg.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in the apple and walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until cake test done.