Maple Walnut Cream Squares
photo by Dorel
- Ready In:
- 20 graham crackers
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham wafers, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1/4 cup maple flavored pancake syrup
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil.
- Place 10 wafers in a single layer in bottom of pan, cutting to fit. Save other 10 for top
- Set aside.
- Crush another 10 wafers for filling. Or use about 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In saucepan, mix brown sugar, butter, milk and syrup.
- Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crushed wafers, coconut and walnuts.
- Spread over wafers in pan.
- Top with remaining wafers, cutting to fit.
- Mix all frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over top while warm.
- Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>.I would like to thank all the members who have been so kind as to write a review for my recipes. I am unable to respond to anyone. Thanks for trying them. <br />You can contact me at dorel34 at gmail.com. Use the @ sign and no spaces.</p>