photo by katew
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease well an 8" square pan.
- Beat egg until foamy, beat in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients, mix into to egg mixture, stir in walnuts.
- Bake until the top has a dull crust about 25 minutes, cut into squares while warm, cool and then remove from the pan.
- Easily doubled, bake in a 9x13 pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were super soft, gooey and sweet. I brought these into work today with rave reviews. I did find them a tad too sweet for my tastes though. I think they would be really good with some very dark chocolate morsels stirred in to cut the sweetness a bit. I also baked for about 5min more than called for. Thanks!
see 7 more reviews