Recipe by gailanng
What's different? The dressing is made with pulverized cranberries.
Top Review by magpie diner
Nice salad, pretty pink dressing and always love the walnut/apple combination. We found the dressing a bit on the sharp side due to the onion, which was nice for me, but my children found it spicy. I'd be tempted to leave the onion out next time and maybe sprinkle some slivers of onion on instead. Thanks GailAnn, I'll definitely make this one again.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 gala apples or 2 fuji apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast walnuts for 8-10 minutes in a 350°F oven.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cranberries, vinegar, onion, honey and mustard. Puree until smooth.
- Gradually add oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, toss together greens, apples and enough dressing to coat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.