Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A different burger with a sweet sauce.
Top Review by Podkayne
We loved the combination of turkey with the other favors! I followed the apple pie spice link in the ingredients list, and made my own, and it was a little heavy on the cardamom, but the spices were delicious. We also used our George Foreman grill, with good results. Baked beans went really well on the side. Definitely something we'll make again!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled red apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Form mixture into 4 patties and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the chili sauce and apple jelly.
- Put saucepan over medium heat; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Broil patties 6 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn patties and broil 4 to 6 minutes longer or until patties are no longer pink.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of buns.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- Cover with top halves of buns.
- Cooking time for the burgers may vary since I seem to have a very hot oven.