Recipe by SweetSueAl
I love chicken or turkey cooked with fruits, especially apples or peaches. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook.
Top Review by mommyoffour
I made this for my family and they really enjoyed it. I have never made anything with fruit in my main dish. This was greatly appreciated for that different meal. I'm so glad I tried this. Thank you for posting.....Stephanie
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 slices cooked ham, thin slices
- 2 apples, tart, peeled and thinly sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices swiss cheese, thin slices
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Rub with rosemary.
- Top each with a ham slice and a few apple slices.
- Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Baked uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and remaining apple slices.
- Drizzle with apple juice and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.