Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Americas Best: A Collection of Savory Recipes. Volume 1
Make and share this Apple Streusel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk, lukewarm
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted and cooled to lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups granny smith apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- In a small bowl put lukewarm milk, yeast and 2 tsp sugar.
- Stir until disolved; leave set for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift 3 1/2 cups flour.
- Make a well.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, salt, butter, vanilla and yeast mixture into well; mix well.
- If dough is sticky add more flour, but dough must remain slightly soft.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in a greasted bowl, turn once to grease lightly.
- Cover and let rise 45 minutes - or until doubled in bulk. Punch down dough.
- Pat into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Arrange apple slices on top of cake.
- Sprinkle almonds, raisins, sugar and cinnamon; adding more or less cinnamon and sugar as desired.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let set 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.