Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this snack cake when I am pressed for time, as you can mix it by hand. Hardly any clean-up involved, and it always turns our great. It is a super apple cake recipe. (Prep time does not include peeling apples) Enjoy!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Based on the review of 5 teens, 2 preteens and 50 something DH and myself (much younger than hubby!)who was able to grab a small piece before it was all gone...5***** all the way! Wonderfully moist, tart yet sweet and just all around fantastic! Did not change one thing! Thanks kittencal for another fantastic recipe! Sorry I could not take a picture but the cake was gone before I thought to grab my camera.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set onen to 350 degrees.
- Set rack to second bottom position.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Serve with whipped cream.