1/5 Photos of Apple Shortbread Pie
Apple pie that is a bit different from the traditional pie. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (August 1986)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- 2In a food processor blend flour, sugar and salt. Add butter through food tube using on/off turns until coarse meal forms. Drizzle egg yolks over dough and mix until dough forms using on/off turns. DO NOT FORM INTO A BALL.
- 3Pat 3/4 of the dough into a 8-inch round tart pan (with removable bottom) or an 8-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl mix apple slices with sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Turn apple mixture into crust.
- 6Crumble remaining crust mixture over apples.
- 7Place pie on baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 350-degrees F and bake another 20 minutes or until top is light brown and filling is bubbly.
- 9Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Shortbread Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3152.3
- Calories from Fat 1347
- Total Fat 149.7 g
- Saturated Fat 90.9 g
- Cholesterol 698.0 mg
- Sodium 1839.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 431.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 213.1 g
- Protein 34.5 g