Recipe by Koriander
Made this stuffing recipe last Thanksgiving and we reeaally enjoyed it (and I don't like pork)! Recipe came from Publix Apron's.
Top Review by pammyowl
This was very tasty. I prefer it without the sausage, though. Personal preference, nothing more:)I think It would be great with dried cranberries, all I had were dried blueberries. Next time I'll do that! Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork sausage, marinaded with sage
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, diced (green, red, yellow, or orange pepper)
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup berries (Welch's Berry Medley)
- 1 large apple, rinsed, peeled, cored, diced (Granny Smith or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: If you can't find sage marinated pork, buy ground pork, add about 1 tablesp of sage, and mix together well. Let sit overnight, if possible. If not, let it sit for awhile.
- Preheat oven to 450. Preheat large saute pan on medium heat, then crumble sausage into pan (wash hands),.
- Stir in onions, pepper, celery, and the berry medley. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often until browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir flour into sausage mixture and cook 2 minutes, stirring often, until flour is hot and well blended into mixture.
- Stir in apple, broth, and stuffing mix until well blended.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add stuffing mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.