1 hr 5 mins
Made this stuffing recipe last Thanksgiving and we reeaally enjoyed it (and I don't like pork)! Recipe came from Publix Apron's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork sausage, marinaded with sage
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, diced (green, red, yellow, or orange pepper)
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup berries (Welch's Berry Medley)
- 1 large apple, rinsed, peeled, cored, diced (Granny Smith or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1Note: If you can't find sage marinated pork, buy ground pork, add about 1 tablesp of sage, and mix together well. Let sit overnight, if possible. If not, let it sit for awhile.
- 2Preheat oven to 450. Preheat large saute pan on medium heat, then crumble sausage into pan (wash hands),.
- 3Stir in onions, pepper, celery, and the berry medley. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often until browned and vegetables are tender.
- 4Stir flour into sausage mixture and cook 2 minutes, stirring often, until flour is hot and well blended into mixture.
- 5Stir in apple, broth, and stuffing mix until well blended.
- 6Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add stuffing mixture.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- 8Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Sage, and Berries Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 982.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: