Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Apples and raspberries. A nice combination, and just in time for the berry season. You might even try blackberries.
- 8 cups apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- Place apples in a 11"x7" dish, sprayed with no-stick spray.
- Sprinkle raspberries over the apples, and then sprinkle the fruit with 3 Tbsp. water.
- Cut butter into sugar, flour and cinnamon with a pastry cutter, or 2 knives.
- Sprinkle the flour mix over the fruit.
- Bake at 350ºF for 50 to 55 minutes, or until apples are tender and the top is light golden brown.
Loved this simple recipe. The apples and raspberries together were excellent! Will try this one again. Thanks for posting
Apples and raspberries, two of my favourite things!! I had to use up some Gravenstein apples and some frozen raspberries, sadly I did not have a cup and DD said next time you will have to add more raspberries!!! It is a delicious dessert, I used brown sugar, flour and butter for the topping..and the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon was perfect for our tastes.
We had this for dessert tonight. I used 3/4 Cups of Splenda in place of the sugar and low fat margarine in place of the butter and served this with low fat vanilla ice cream. Will definetly make again. Thanks Miss Annie.