Recipe by Rita~
Posted this recipe in request. From Sun-Maid Raisins. Looks likes a lot of flavor, texture, and great ingredients.
Top Review by sugarcookie 123
This was a very tasty recipe.. I altered it a little: I used freshly diced apples (Fuji Apples) with the apple juice.. to which the apple juice was absorbed completely into the apples. I filled the pan with approx 1/4 inch of apple juice, that the pork chops cooked in the oven with.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sun-maid dried apple (cut in chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-maid seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick seasoned with salt pepper thyme
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan combine apple juice and apples; simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add raisins and let stand 5 minutes; drain, reserving liquid.
- Combine cooked fruit mixture, walnuts, and bread crumbs.
- Stir together sugar, wine, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Add to bread mixture, tossing lightly to moisten.
- Cut pockets in fat side of seasoned chops, cutting lengthwise to bone.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into each pocket.
- If necessary, use wooden picks to hold pockets closed.
- In large skillet brown chops in hot oil.
- Place chops in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle chops with a little salt and pepper.
- Add ¼ cup reserved apple liquid to pan, adding water if necessary.
- Bake chops, covered, in 350°F oven for 1 hour.