1/3 Photos of Apple-Raisin Stuffed Pork Chops
1 hr 30 mins
Posted this recipe in request. From Sun-Maid Raisins. Looks likes a lot of flavor, texture, and great ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup sun-maid dried apple (cut in chunks)
- 1/2 cup sun-maid seedless raisin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick seasoned with salt pepper thyme
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1In saucepan combine apple juice and apples; simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Add raisins and let stand 5 minutes; drain, reserving liquid.
- 4Combine cooked fruit mixture, walnuts, and bread crumbs.
- 5Stir together sugar, wine, lemon juice, and ginger.
- 6Add to bread mixture, tossing lightly to moisten.
- 7Cut pockets in fat side of seasoned chops, cutting lengthwise to bone.
- 8Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into each pocket.
- 9If necessary, use wooden picks to hold pockets closed.
- 10In large skillet brown chops in hot oil.
- 11Place chops in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 12Sprinkle chops with a little salt and pepper.
- 13Add ¼ cup reserved apple liquid to pan, adding water if necessary.
- 14Bake chops, covered, in 350°F oven for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Raisin Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.3
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.8 mg
- Sodium 188.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 54.2 g