Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love apples, all varieties. My favorite way to eat them is sliced raw with salt. But this one is going into the Bed and Breakfast arsenal. I think these are beautiful and tasty and sure to wake you up on a cold morning.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 mcintosh apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Butter a 12" oven-safe skillet or dish. (I prefer an iron skillet.).
- Peel and dice the apples into 1-inch pieces. Place them in a non-stick skillet with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons butter and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Spread the apples in the bottom of the prepared skillet or dish. Pour the batter mix over the apples.
- Bake until puffy and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into wedges.
This was very good, but it puffed up weird. The edges got really high and the middle stayed almost flat. I had to flip it over when I served it b/c the apples stayed in the pan. It was quite tasty and was easy to do. I might try putting the batter in the pan first and putting the apples on top of it just to see what happens next time. Yummy!