Recipe by DuChick
Another Pillsbury favorite...serve this up for a quick and tasty brunch anytime! Use convenient refrigerated biscuits to make a tempting cinnamon and apple-scented coffee cake.
Top Review by Erin Erdman
Easy as 1,2,3!!! I made this for my husband and he loved it. I took half to work the following morning and the office thought I was an awesome cook!!! :o) Then I tried the mother-in-law test. She loved it too! This is for sure going into the "make again soon" column. Thank you!!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray with cooking spray or grease with shortening a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the pecans.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon;
- Roll biscuit quarters in sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Place half of the coated biscuit quarters in pan. Sprinkle remaining pecans and apple on top of biscuit quarters;
- Arrange remaining coated biscuit quarters on top.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn pan upside down onto serving platter. Let stand 1 minute before removing pan. Cool slightly.
- To serve, pull apart or slice.