1/1 Photo of Apple Pie With White Cheddar Crust
3 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious sweet apple filling goes perfect with this tart, flaky cheese crust! Cooling time is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1For the crust:.
- 2Mix 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons sugar and salt in a large bowl
- 3Cut in the butter using a fork until mixed.
- 4Cut in the grated cheese until mixed
- 5Pour water into the mixture and stir quickly, until the dough just comes together.
- 6Gather the dough into a ball and turn out of the bowl.
- 7Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 9Divide the dough into two sections.
- 10Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, roll each into about a 13" circle.
- 11Transfer one circle of dough into the bottom of a 10" pie plate.
- 12For the filling:.
- 13Stir together apples, brown and white sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt until mixed.
- 14Spoon the filling into the bottom crust.
- 15Dot the filling with cold butter and cover with the top crust.
- 16Fold the edges over and crimp them.
- 17Cut vents in the top crust and brush with the beaten egg.
- 18Bake the pie for 10 minutes at 450.
- 19Turn the temperature down to 350, bake for 45 minutes.
- 20Tent the pie with foil and bake 45 more minutes.
- 21Cool for about 1 1/2 hours and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie With White Cheddar Crust
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.5
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g