Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and I've not come across any that taste better than this one.The pecan topping is what does it.Try it you'll like.
- 2 pie crusts
- 4 -5 medium apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- caramel, pecan topping
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk 1/2 cup pecans
- Place one pie crust in a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Fill pie crust with sliced or cubed apples.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture over apples and top with butter.
- Seal top crust to bottom crust.
- Cut ventilation holes in top of crust. (If crust is not well sealed it will leak when baking. I bake on a cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until crust is done.
- Remove from oven, press down top.
- Mix butter brown sugar and milk in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add pecans to this mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour over pie and return to oven for 5 minutes.