Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just made this last night. I was a little confused by the directions compared to what was in the Sure-Jell box, but I mostly followed these directions. It was really simple, and even though it hasn't been 24 hours, my jelly has firmed up. I tasted a sample of what was still in the pan, and it was really good. Sweet, of course, but the cinnamon and spices help cut it somewhat, which is what I like. It made 7 jars for me. The note about the candy thermometer is not mine, I didn't use one, and it came out just fine!
- 946.36 ml apple juice (bottled)
- 14.79 ml maple syrup (pure)
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 49.61 g dry pectin
- Place apple juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the pectin and bring to a hard boil over high heat until it dissolves into the juice.
- Slowly stir in the sugar and bring back to a rolling boil over high heat. Boil for one full minute (I still prefer 220 degrees on the candy thermometer!).
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour into jars (about 12 1/4 pint jars, or 6 1/2 pints), put on lids and process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.